Video coming soon: Healing through Buddhist meditation
Meditation is the most widely visible aspect of Buddhism that is associated with health in the popular American imagination. By no means do all Buddhists meditate, and not all Buddhist organizations in Philadelphia highlight meditation as a health-promoting practice. However, there are many groups that do enumerate meditation among the most important Buddhist therapies. Healing meditations range from mindfulness or awareness of breath, to regulating the body’s energy, mantra recitation, to more complex visualizations of deities or symbols. Different types of meditation are credited with helping to heal the mind and body in different ways.
Explore more information related to healing through meditation:
- Wat Mongkoltepmunee (Thai Theravada)
- Chenrezig Tibetan Buddhist Center of Philadelphia (Tibetan Vajrayana)
- Chua Giac Lam (Vietnamese Mahayana)
- Springboard Studio (Secular/non-sectarian)
- The Mindfulness Institute at the Myrna Brind Center of Integrative Medicine, Jefferson Hospital (Secular/non-sectarian)